The reputable links below have been provided by Macon County Public Health to support the currently suggested mask requirement and guidelines for Macon County Schools.
Do masks work to stop the spread of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is transmitted by respiratory droplets; therefore, Droplet Precautions are used to prevent transmission.
- Infection Control | CDC
- Transmission-Based Precautions | Basics | Infection Control | CDC
- Guidelines for Coronavirus - OSHA
- The Difference Between Respirators and Surgical Masks – OSHA
- Effectiveness of Mask Wearing to Control Community Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | Infectious Diseases | JAMA | JAMA Network
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Study shows masks can prevent COVID-19
- Research Finds Masks Can Prevent COVID-19 Transmission in Schools | Duke Today
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Face Masks
- The Effectiveness of face masks to prevent SARS CoV-2 transmission: A Summary of the peer-review science - https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/media/674/download